This automated welding station can be used as a stand-alone workcell, or integrated within a CIM system. When used in a CIM system, the robot loads and unloads parts to and from the CIM conveyor in addition to performing arc welding and part manipulation tasks.
The system complies with strict safety standards.
This welding station includes a robotic arm that combines an industrial/education, articulated 5 or 6-axis robot arm and robotic controller. The robot is ideal for small part handling, assembly, packaging and other small part applications.
This turnkey automated welding station gives students training and skills in robotic programming and control, and automated welding processes.
– ER-4U Robotic arm with USB Pro controller
– Motoman MHJF arm with controller
– MotoMan GP8 arm with controller
– Pneumatic gripper
– Floor mounted, fully enclosed, fire-retardant
– Extruded aluminum frame with sheet-metal walls and doors
– Metal workbench surface
– Metal service shelf
– Dimensions: L=1.2 m, W=0.8 m, H=1.8 m (L=47″, W=31″, H=70″)
Additional components for automated welding
– MIG welder; gas metal arc welding (GMAW)
– Welding gun holder
– Gripper adapter for welding gun
– Automated tool exchange enables alternating use of robot gripper and welding torch
– Parts feeder
– Jigs for T-joints, butt-joints and other welding applications; jigs are electrically isolated from the welding bench
– Metal templates for holding parts for welding applications
– Raw materials and parts for welding application
Safety – Filter-plated windows (Shade 10) for UV and eye protection
– Complies with ANSI radiation standard Z87.1-1989
– Welding operations stop automatically whenever any booth door is opened
– 2 emergency stop buttons halt robotic and welding operations
Required (not included)
– Inert gas tank
– Exhaust venting system
– Computer workbench: extruded aluminum frame; formica tabletop; 800 mm x 600 mm